There are 173 posts in total.
"There will come a time soon when for some councils there won't be a council website any more - the website will be the council" - Tom Steinberg, founder, MySociety
Purposes of the strategy
- To document the roles of the council's website estate and how we might best achieve those purposes
- To agree key stakeholders
- To state ownership and governance of the web estate
- To plant a stake in the ground outlining our aspirations for the future
Purposes of the council website estate
- To deliver channel shift savings by enabling citizens and others to interact with the council digitally instead of by telephone or in person
- To promote the services the council offers (or commissions) to citizens and visitors
- To promote civic engagement shifting people from being passive residents into active citizens, taking an interest in the council, its policies, and its workings to enable them to better inform us in our decision making and be better informed themselves at election time
- To communicate key messages to target audiences
- To promote the city / borough as a location for business and tourism
Stakeholders and audience
The stakeholders of the council web estate are:
- Ordinary citizens of of the area,
- Business operators in the area,
- Potential and current investors in area,
- Potential and current students in the area,
- Potential residents of the area,
- Visitors and potential visitors to the area,
- Service area staff of the council,
- Suppliers to the council,
- The council Digital Services team(s),
- Corporate Communications,
- Council Directors, Assistant Directors, and Heads of Service,
These stakeholders each have a variety of different transactional, informational, and marketing needs from the site, some of which may on the [...]
Read the rest of A web strategy for local government .In group Public / Third Sector Digital
Seen on Twitter last night - a company selling insurance against one's Wordpress installation being hacked. If the Wordpress security landscape has got so bad that people need insurance to pay for recovery after a potential hack, I'd say it's time to stop using Wordpress. #internet #webdev[...]
Read the rest of Wordpress security .
That moment when you’re making the separate dinner for the deBaby because yours can’t be babified & think ‘i wouldn’t mind that for myself’.
(cabbage, red pepper. onion, cumin seed, and caraway seed, since you were wondering)
Read the rest of Baby food .
I’ve come home to a news story that apparently the Russians spied on Mao Tse-Tung’s poo. It’s a glorious life, the life of a spy.[...]
Read the rest of Spooks .
END OF THE IPHONE AND IMMINENT COLLAPSE OF APPLE KLAXON!!11!![...]
Read the rest of iPhone sales figures .
I give them another four months before people have forgotten they ever existed.[...]
Read the rest of Spiralised vegetables .
I do wish the toilet paper dispensers on trains - all trains - weren't so crap.[...]
Read the rest of Train toilets .
In John Lewis, with a friend who was looking for a salad spinner. Neither of the two assistants working in the kitchen department knew what a salad spinner is.[...]
Read the rest of Obscure kitchen utensils .
Here's a thing which occurs to me - do celebrity television astronomers (such as eg Maggie Aderin-Pocock) get a bit narked seeing celebrity television particle physicists such as Brian Cox fronting space programmes?[...]
Read the rest of Celebrity scientists .
When you get to the end of your coffee and realise you forgot to put the milk in it.[...]
Read the rest of Drinking in the dark .
Read the rest of Radio Four comedy .
Person who stops walking near the top of the train escalator - you're the worst kind of left-side escalator stander.[...]
Read the rest of Railway escalator standers .
See also: 'the unit cost of a CD is 70p, so why should I have to pay £10 for one' - TripAdvisor review.[...]
Read the rest of The price of things .
'Subtle' is the word I'd use to describe the flavour. Not bland, subtle.[...]
Read the rest of Yam soup .
Today's the day the #localgov Twitter world will orgasm over grit.[...]
Read the rest of Winter Gritting .
Woman in front of me in works canteen queue, giving every impression it was the first time she'd paid for something by card. #yolo[...]
Read the rest of Pod people .
Who will take over the ownership of the family knifemaking firm now he's died?[...]
Read the rest of David Bowie .
If I'm not mistaken, that looks like frost out there. Best wear my english country goth chick chic coat.[...]
Read the rest of The morning .
Composer Pierre Boulez has sadly died; his daughter Patti is said to be distraught. Inheritance of the royalties for the Planet of the Apes novel series is yet to be decided.[...]
Read the rest of Pierre Boulez RIP .