Stewart Lee likens being a comedian to being a prostitute - providing a service people crave yet are despised for. 'At least people don't write in to prostitutes to say they could have done it better'. Sounds like being part of a webteam, really.
There are 127 posts in total.
Seen on Twitter last night - a company selling insurance against one's Wordpress installation being hacked. If the Wordpress security landscape has got so bad that people need insurance to pay for recovery after a potential hack, I'd say it's time to stop using Wordpress. #internet #webdev
So given that
- this Zika Virus thing is panning out to be something of a big deal, and
- it's an especially big deal for pregnant women and their to-be-born children, and
- there's a developing body of evidence of it also being sexually transmitted,
- with in the worst case scenario the potential to pose an existential threat, and
- currently a problem which is particularly affecting Catholic countries the worst,
wouldn't it be a good idea for this great supposedly progressive pope lots of people speak so highly of to issue an encyclical updating Humanae Vitae to be a bit more progressive on the topic of birth control?
That moment when you’re making the separate dinner for the deBaby because yours can’t be babified & think ‘i wouldn’t mind that for myself’.
(cabbage, red pepper. onion, cumin seed, and caraway seed, since you were wondering)
I’ve come home to a news story that apparently the Russians spied on Mao Tse-Tung’s poo. It’s a glorious life, the life of a spy.
END OF THE IPHONE AND IMMINENT COLLAPSE OF APPLE KLAXON!!11!!
I give them another four months before people have forgotten they ever existed.
I do wish the toilet paper dispensers on trains - all trains - weren't so crap.
In John Lewis, with a friend who was looking for a salad spinner. Neither of the two assistants working in the kitchen department knew what a salad spinner is.